This weekend, lead by Science Faculty and Coach, Michael Dudley, three of our six players (Minh Nguyen, Joshua Batstone, and Kenneth Park) from the John Bapst Chess Team competed at the Panther Open and Scholastic at Medomak Valley in Waldoboro, Maine. Minh and Josh finished first and second respectively in their section (the Under 1200 section), and Kenneth Park finished third in the Under 800 section.
This has been a red-letter year for John Bapst Chess. Our top four players (Minh, Josh, Kenneth, and senior Sean Adams) have really taken home the bling:
- Minh has won trophies in six of his eight tournaments (4 first, 1 second, and 1 third);
- Josh has won trophies in three of his eight tournaments (2 first, 1 second);
- Kenneth has notched two third place finishes;
- Sean has one first place finish in a tournament section of over 20 participants.
- This brings our tournament winnings total at thirteen place finishes.
If you see our intrepid Crusader Chess Players, please congratulate them on a job well done!