Who are the JB Friends of Fine Arts?
● We are a group of parents/teachers who support our Fine Arts students with fundraising efforts for Fine Arts opportunities to help enrich the Fine Arts programs and student experience here at Bapst.
● We have been an active group for over 30 years and have raised funds for : stage lighting, instruments, a glass kiln, a printing press, tickets to see professional artists & performances, competition trips, summer camp opportunities, private lessons, and much more!
How do we raise funds?
● Throughout the school year we have held dessert auctions, calendar raffles and other various raffles, and many other creative events. We are open to all ideas! And the icing on the cake is our largest fundraiser :
○ Our Annual Craft Fair! This Craft Fair has been a renowned Bangor/Brewer tradition for over 30 years and we hope to continue this event in the years to come. If you’ve never been to it, you should! And it’s even more fun volunteering and meeting other parents (while shopping, of course).
How do I participate?
● You can join our FRIENDS OF JB FINE ARTS Facebook page – hunt us down and ask to join!
● Please join us on the REMIND app (you should have been sent an email and there are directions on the back of this handout)… we’ll put up notifications, pictures of what your son/daughter are doing, and much more! It’s a fast and easy way to connect.
● Meetings will be held in-person (because if we’ve learned anything in the last few years, human contact is energizing and necessary!)… but we will also have zoom links available for those who live far away or are simply unable to attend in person (posted on our FB page and to our REMIND app).
● You can join us at our upcoming meetings:
○ September 13 – 7pm in Room 005… zoom link available
○ October 18 – 7pm in Room 005… zoom link available
○ November 8 – 7pm in Room 005… zoom link available
○ Nov 29 – 7pm…zoom link only
○ Feb 8 – 7pm …zoom link only (it’s winter, stay home & stay warm!)
○ April 17 – 7pm in Room 005… zoom link available
We’d love to have you join us at our first meeting on September 13 at 7pm in person, with a zoom link available for those who are not able to physically attend (email Ms. Burns for the link: email@example.com , find it on REMIND, and we’ll also post the link on the FB page “JB FRIENDS OF FINE ARTS”). This is a fabulous opportunity for you to meet other parents and an excellent way to be involved with your school community! We look forward to seeing you at our September meeting!
Download this information as a pdf here.