John Bapst offers Academic and College Counseling for all students.
The Counseling Office offers academic guidance and counseling around course selection based on post-secondary goals, including:
- College selection and application
- Scholarship search and application assistance
- Examination of potential careers
- Interpretation of standardized test scores
- Personal support and counseling
- Referral services for enrichment opportunities and outside resources
The Counseling Office works closely with the Director of Admission and the Academic Dean to help students attain their educational goals. John Bapst’s College Counseling office provides a wealth of information regarding the counseling process from the college search to the final application. Mrs. Lauren O’Reilly sees students with last names starting with A-L. Mr. Nick Umphrey sees students with last names starting M-Z.
John Bapst offers SAT test preparation on a regular schedule. For information, consult the school academic calendar or contact SAT Prep Instructor Samantha Mahar.
The website PrepMe is an online resource for test preparation. Students may also link their College Board PSAT scores with Khan Academy, an online personalized test preparation program.
College Selection Resources
The John Bapst College Counseling Office offers videos to assist students and their families as they consider the possibilities beyond high school, and the future is bright!
For questions and additional information, contact Director of Counseling Nick Umphrey, email@example.com or School Counselor Lauren O’Reilly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the videos:
- “Preparing for the college application process.”
- How to Create a Resume in Naviance
- College Application Information Night
- FAME’s Financial Aid Night
Financial Aid Information
Scholarship Information and enrichment program information may be found using Naviance.
Stay connected with John Bapst College Counseling on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JBCollegeCounseling