John Bapst Ranked #1 in Northern
Investing in Motivated Young People
The Annual Fund at John Bapst fills the gap between what the school receives in tuition, fees, and other income and the expenses the school incurs to support excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts for every student.
John Bapst supporters help the school to provide an excellent college-prep education to our students, who come from 35 towns within a 100-mile radius of Bangor and from many other countries. All gifts to the John Bapst Annual Fund support our students as they prepare to succeed in the dynamic world which awaits them.
Like to make a contribution? Your gift can be either unrestricted, allowing us to use it to meet a school need, or restricted, allowing you to tell us specifically which area of school life you want to support. Contributions may be directed toward any area of school and student life: Academics, Athletics, Fine Arts, and Areas of Greatest Need. If you need an idea, just contact Director of Development Airlia Britt (207-947-0313 ext. 104; email@example.com) or Director of Communications and Alumni Relations Eric Zelz (207-947-0313 ext. 116; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reasons to Give to the Annual Fund -- A Baker's Dozen
- You think investing in tomorrow's leaders is a vote of confidence in the future.
- You know that your gift will help John Bapst offer even greater breadth and quality than tuition alone can cover.
- You want your gift to encourage others to give -- other parents, alumni, businesses, or foundations. Note that foundation giving increases at schools with high alumni and parent participation rates.
- You want help make sure that John Bapst’s future is even brighter than its past.
- You want to support great teachers who change lives.
- You’re celebrating a reunion this year, and your class wishes to contribute as a group to a great cause.
- You’re thankful you were able to attend John Bapst and want to help others have the same opportunities with a donation to the school's $250,000 financial aid program for Maine students.
- You want to direct your support to the program that had an impact on you and your future -- English, health, technology, languages, visual arts, music, athletics, math, science, social studies, or any number of others.
- Your want to help John Bapst maintain its academic position #1 in Maine.
- You want to honor a teacher, current student, or graduate.
- You'd like to bring a special speaker to the school or send a class on a field trip to a science or living history center.
- You'd like to add to the Music Department's collection of quality musical instruments for student use.
- You want to support the boarding program's food, community service, and weekend activities programs.
Your gift to the John Bapst Annual Fund does make a difference.
There is no right amount. Gifts of every size from alumni, parents, and friends of the school add up in a big way. Each year John Bapst thanks its donors for gifts that range from $5 to $10,000 and more. As a nonprofit, John Bapst is carefully and conservatively managed; your support is crucial.
As your generosity benefits others, it can benefit you as well. Because John Bapst is a nonprofit, 501(c)3 charitable organization, contributions to it are generally tax-deductible.
If you can give only a few dollars per month or per year, you can still help students and teachers. Support what matters to you most.
The Annual Fund and our Boosters' Groups -- Supporting John Bapst This Year
Unrestricted donations to the Annual Fund and restricted giving to the school’s Arts and Athletics Boosters allow the school to balance its budget each year – a requirement the Board of Trustees watches over carefully. Approximately 5% of the school’s annual budget is covered in this way. In 2015-16, the Annual Fund goal is $180,000. Additionally, thousands of dollars came directly to athletics and fine arts from the financial support of Boosters organizations. Thank you!